Wednesday 22 May 2013

Napoleonic Frenchmen WIP

Hello there!

In recent days I have been getting pretty excited about Napoleonic wargaming. Specifically the Perry Miniatures range of miniatures and the Warlord Games Black Powder rules set. These look like simple but effective rules, and should be a lot of fun to game with! All I need now are some models to play with...

So I've been working on some! I have recently completed some british models which I will blog about soon (when I have found the time to get some decent pics!) but in the meantime, here ar a few shots of the first French battalion I've been working on:


Due to the fact that I'm going to need to paint a fair few of these fellas I've gone for a style of painting that should mean a decent finish in a reasonable time! I've gone for a white undercoat and then filled in the tunics, boots, hats etc with blocks of colour. (For those interested I used Runefang Steel for the metal, the tunics were Kantor Blue, the hat covers and brown great coats are Steel Legion Drab, the skin Kislev Flesh and the black was Chaos Black. Other great coats were painted using Space Wolves Grey and Bleached Bone. Any gold trim was Burnished Gold)


The 3rd Fusilier Company of the 2nd Line Regiment


I've then washed the whole lot with Agrax Earthshade to put in the shading and done a little bit of highlighting on the white straps and faces. The flag was a piece of paper cut to size, folded in two and stuck together using some wood glue. I then gloss varnished it and, using a home made waterslide transfer of the flag I wanted, added the detail. Gloss varnished it again and sprayed it with matt varnish to seal it all up. Basing is just Mournfang Brown with a Steel Legion Drab drybrush, edged with Mournfang Brown. The grass is a mix of GW static grasses and a little bit of the big fat 'ol flocky stuff!

All in all I think they've turned out pretty well! Now, to get the whole battalion finished so I can start some cavalry...


UPDATE:

Just a quick addition as I finally managed to get the second company finished! More to come:



No comments:

Post a Comment